Thursday 5 June 2014

Current Obsession: Ikea Stockholm rug.

Hello beauties.
Every morning after I have an overview of what my days going to be like(work wise) I quickly open up all my favourite websites for my daily dose of inspiration. So anyway whilst browsing on interior design I couldn't help noticing Ikea's black and white striped Stockholm rug being used in almost every living space I'd come across. It retails for $199.00 which I don't think is bad for a statement rug such as this one.
I'm currently crushing on this piece, it brings edge to a room and of course I really love Black & White in home decor so it's perfect. Black and White are both flat colours which enable them to be used against other colours easily. Below are some images that display how versatile this piece is and how people have managed to incorporate it into their homes differently. It can be used in colour blocking to set off the pieces but there's a slight danger of making the space appear too busy so be careful of that.







I'm so in love with this piece, I honestly can't wait to style and decorate my own home. How do we feel about it? Too busy, too modern or not a fan of monochrome?

xox
N

4 comments:

  1. Ahhhh I'm obsessed now. It's so cute and gives the room so much attitude. I think if everything else is decorated right it won't be too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. right? It's perfect! Go get you one at Ikea LOL. xox

      Delete
  2. I wanna do this to my house. good thing I just moved a few months ago and I'm still figuring out what to do. Dark blue is so calm. Loving the blog.
    http://thewineandfoodreview.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes who would have thought Dark Blue would work so well? Thanks dear and happy decorating :) x

      Delete