Wednesday 28 May 2014

Trend Alert: Birkenstocks


Could this be the successful return of the Birkenstock sandals? Oh dear Lord why?? I remember owning several pairs of these when I was younger in pinks and baby blues. I never ever knew how to style them. No matter what you can only do casual looks with these, no way to chic up or glam out the outfit whatsoever!!
It's really a love or hate with this trend. I find these shoes to be over sized and unflattering definitely not rushing to go out and buying them.

The footbed makes them look uber comfortable because it's designed to fit all the contours of the foot. All the ones I've owned always really ended up hurting my feet though :( I found that my feet were being working and pressed too hard in all angles through out the day, the pressure was being felt everywhere. If you had/have the same problem I suggest buying the soft beds.

I think most of you will agree that they were definitely reaching on some of these styles below.. like the gladiator and green birks LOL.


Celebs sporting the new summer trend

Beautiful pictures below that are ruined with these hideous shoes



Anyway they'll always be shoes that are worn by kids, grandparents and old uncles to me. This trend is a complete miss and shouldn't be worn to town! Thoughts?

Stay fabulous 
xox
N


No comments:

Post a Comment